What is tubing?
- Basically it's sitting in an inner tube going down a river with other friends doing the same thing.
I'm not a "Bear", can I come to Bear Tubing?
- Of course! Friendly people [and fake mustaches] are always welcome.
- Comal River: Spring fed river (less likely to dry up in drought). Approximately 72*F water temp. year round.
- YES! Details here.
- Click here for the complete updated list.
Can I bring my dog to Bear Tubing events?
- No (with one important exception). Due to safety and liability concerns, we regret that our pets will not be able to attend Bear Tubing events. The exception: Registered service animals as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, such as guide dogs for the blind, are allowed.
- Reservations: Complete before coming to Bear Tubing
- Tube: Pre pay via registration
- Lodge: Check out our Lodging page and call the lodge directly to make your reservations
- FOOD: Catered Dinner on Friday and Saturday at the resort is included with your registration fee
- Bathing suit
- Water shoes (you'll probably lose sandals in the river... somebody always does)
- NO GLASS OR STYROFOAM
- No glass on the river
- No glass near the pool
- Beer drinker - Rent cooler tube. Use provided mesh bag for your empties to keep the river clean
- Mixed drink - Rent cooler tube. Mix drink in reusable drinking container without ice so it wont water down. Ice those babies down in the cooler
- Non-alcoholc drinks - Rent cooler tube. Put in reusable drinking container and ice down in cooler tube.
Refunds and Transfers
I can't attend due to a schedule conflict, can I get a refund?
Registration is not refundable.
Can I transfer my registration to someone else?
Yes, you can transfer your registration to someone else with the following provisions:
- The person who originally registered must complete the transfer electronically via Eventbrite. For security reasons, no transfer requests will be accepted via e-mail. Click for instructions
- The person who is initiating the transfer must provide all required information about the transferee. This information MUST match their government-issued photo identification, which they must bring to registration check-in.
- All registrants must be over 21. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Houston Bears reserves the right to change or cancel this policy at any time.